To love without measure. Think of it. No yardstick. No beginning or end of love. It is always there, and you need do nothing to be worthy of it. It is a given in the spiritual world. You can count on love. You can take it to the bank.
If this is true, then why do we have so much difficulty in accepting and believing it? Why do we seem to be constantly on a search for love? Why do we feel incomplete, thinking we are without it, even when it is already there, within us? Love comes with us. It’s part of the fact of being alive. But. somehow we have been lead to believe that we have to earn it, that we are unworthy of it, that there is something wrong with us.
In our very first lesson, I asked you to repeat this affirmation – “I love myself completely NOW. ” It was to be stated at all times and under all conditions. Even when we feel ashamed, angry, fearful, and in situations where we might think that love has abandoned us — especially at those times — we are to say it and let it sink in.
We MUST believe in love. It is paramount that we know that we are forever loved. It is crucial that we let go of all doubt in this matter. Love is the essence of life and the spiritual world. Love = God.
Now for a way to use your physical body to enhance that love.
TO LOVE AND ACCEPT YOURSELF
Some years ago, I took a course from Henry Grayson, Ph.D. He is an extraordinary teacher, clinical psychologist, analyst, spiritual healer, meditator, and energy worker, was an ordained minister, and the author of several books, the latest being Use Your Body to Heal Your Mind. He taught an extended course and from him I learned to fine tune the methods of muscle testing (kinesiology) as a means of measuring levels of trauma and ego driven unrest in the body and mind and for the discernment of truth. While we learned about tapping and “touch and breathe” (as used in EFT, emotional freedom technique), and many other modalities for healing, one that has resonated for my students and is easily accessible to anyone is what I call the heart massage. It is a means of massaging the chest at the heart center and where the thymus gland is located. So it soothes and draws power in the heart center and stimulates the thymus which in turn increases immune response and healing energy.
There are those times when we feel angry, guilty, upset –a range of emotions — that seem to be steering us away from loving ourselves. We would say that it is the voice of the ego, that which conveys negative messages thwarting our remembering the love that is ever-present. You can pretty much count on this — anything not supportive and loving is probably emanating from the ego. When this occurs, we engage the heart massage. Here is how to do it:
Find a comfortable, preferably private space. I recommend that you sit down though you could surely do this standing as well.
- Open your hand so that the palm will be able to be in contact when you begin.
- Place your hand at the collar bones, palm open. Begin to move your hand in a clockwise direction, circling on your chest.
- As you do this, say these words: I deeply love and accept myself even if…
- To end this statement, you will add to it words that express the ego’s message or whatever seems to be blocking the love that is within you. For example: Let’s say someone has said something insulting and hurtful to you and it has disturbed you and made you angry. You might say the phrase above and add — even if I feel like a fool for feeling bad about those words Even if I hate that person for hurting me so deeply. Even if I wanted to retaliate and say something hurtful back. Even if I felt I could not control my anger. Even if I fear that people think bad things about me. Even if — and you run through whatever you feel that is negative, on all levels.
- When you have exhausted all the feelings, you say I deeply love and accept myself under all circumstances (or no matter what). Now you stop. You should feel relief and feel comforted. You should have released at least some of the negativity.
- Remember that each time you do this when you are disturbed, you must speak the exact words and all of them. Each sentence must begin with I deeply love and accept myself. You are planting this in your mind and heart.
I hope you will try this powerful method. It works. So many of my students and friends use it. If you have questions about it, I am here to help.
More than anything, I want you to value who you are and the love that is already there within you. The more love the better. Let me know what you think.
With love and namaste, Deanne
For more thoughts, go to www.deannemincer.com